Country property consultants

+44 (0)1223 842 675

Tenant Charges- October 2017

Subject to contract and references

The quoted rent does not include letting fees. Depending on your requirements the following fees may apply:

At Start of tenancy- charges

Including administration and reference fees

 Total inc Vat
One Applicant£300.00
Cost of additional person£180.00
Company let including tenancy paperwork and referencing£480.00
Changes to tenancy (such as date after document produced)£30.00
Inventory& Schedule of condition£0.00 (Landlords cost)
Pet Fees (In addition to Pet Deposit)£55.00

At Start of tenancy-refundable deposits
 No VAT on deposits
General deposit6 weeks rent
Pet deposit£200.00
Additional pet£100.00 per pet
Delayed Check holding fee (if after 4 weeks agreement)1 month rent/month delay
During tenancy
 Total inc. VAT
Adding tenant to an existing tenancy£120.00
Change to tenancy mid term£50.00
Tenants locked out£120.00
Fee for scheduled property visits aborted by tenant£60.00
Failed payments by tenant (eg.bounced cheque)£40.00
Provision of copy documents£15.00
Taking legal action to recover unpaid rent£100.00
Interest charged on late payment of rent (per week)0.50%
Tenancy renewal fees
 Total inc. VAT
Draw up new Assured Shorthold Tenancy or convert to Statutory Periodic Tenancy£50.00
At end of tenancy

  Total inc. VAT
Check-out administration fees (This cost deducted from deposit) Unfurnished£80.00
Sharer leaving£120.00

  Total inc. VAT
Check-out works management fee/hr£33.00
Check-out cleaning service (indicative)1 bed home£220.00
2 bed home£250.00
3 bed home£295.00
4 bed home£400.00
Scheduled Check out meeting aborted by tenant£80.00
Missing instruction manual at Check-out£15.00
Replacement Keys£20.00
Replacement car park/Gate Fob£120.00

Making an offer:

When you have found a property you would like to rent we will put an offer forward to the landlord. Please specify any requests or conditions attached to the offer you are making as these will be included in the tenancy agreement if agreed by the Landlord.


Rents are advertised weekly or monthly. They are usually paid  monthly, quarterly, biannually or annually in advance. Rent does not usually include utilities ie gas, electric, water, Council Tax, TV licence or internet connection charges.

Tenancy Paperwork and Reference Fee:

You will normally be asked to pay a fee which will include the reference application and the preparation of the tenancy paperwork including the Tenancy Agreement. See above for costs. The fee is payable at the time of applying for references and please note it is non refundable if you change your mind about the property or if you fail the appropriate reference checks.

Offer Agreed:

Once our client has accepted your offer Bryant Land & Property will prepare the tenancy paperwork which includes:


Bryant Land & Property will apply for references on behalf of the landlord using a credit referencing agency. Typically the referencing company will require you to have an income 2.5-3.0 times the rent. A bank reference, employment reference and/or accountant/solicitor/personal reference will generally be obtained and forwarded to the Landlord for approval. The cost of the reference application is included in the tenancy paperwork and referencing fee.


A landlord may request a Guarantor if he/she is not satisfied with the references supplied. The Guarantor must be UK based and somebody who will guarantee payment of the rent and any other liabilities under the Tenancy. Typically the Guarantor will need an income of at least 3 times the rent to pass. References will be taken on the Guarantor as though they were renting the property. An additional fee as shown above will be payable.


During your Tenancy a security deposit will be held by either Bryant Land & Property or the Landlord in accordance with the Tenancy Deposit Protection (TDP) scheme. The deposit is held against unpaid bills, outstanding rent or repairing damage caused during the course of the Tenancy. The deposit is normally equivalent to six week’s rent and if held by Bryant Land & Property will be registered with my deposits which is a government backed accredited protection scheme which aims to resolve deposit disputes quickly and effectively. A certificate of the deposit registration will be sent to you within 30 days of the deposit monies being paid or the tenancy commencing. The deposit must be paid in cleared funds prior to the commencement of the tenancy. Please note interest is NOT payable on deposit monies.

Pets increase the chance of damage eg. scratches, chewing, stains and carpet pulls. There is also a requirement to have properties treated for fleas. Hence the reason for additional deposits.

Third Party Payment of a deposit:

If a third party is paying the deposit monies on your behalf please advise us in writing, as in accordance with deposit protection legislation we are required to provide them with documentation in relation to the protection of the deposit.

Tenancy Agreement:

Bryant Land & Property will provide our standard tenancy agreement or our landlords own version including any special clauses. The tenancy agreement may be sent to you for signature. You will need to initial the bottom of every page and sign where indicated. Please note this is a legal agreement between you and the Landlord and we would recommend that independent legal advice should be taken. The cost for preparation of our standard documentation for both fixed term renewal, rent review and periodic tenancy is given above.

Deal sheet invoice:

This is an invoice detailing the initial monies due which include the first rental payment, the deposit and the tenancy agreement fee less the Fee of Intent payment. We are unable to release keys until funds have been cleared.

Rental Payment:

Payment can be made by the following methods and must be cleared funds prior to the start of the tenancy:
BACS Transfer- Allow 3 days for the funds to show in our account
CHAPS Transfer- Transfer must be made by 12 noon day prior to start date
Personal Cheque- Allow 7 days for the funds to show in our account
Bankers Draft- Equivalent to Cleared Funds
Building Society Cheque- Equivalent to Cleared Funds


You will be required to bring in two forms of indentification to satisify the current  regulations. Ie full valid Passport, Driving Licence, utility bill or bank statement.

Right to Rent:

In accordance with the Immigration Act 2014 you will be asked to provide appropriate documents to demonstrate your Right to Rent in England. For further information please refer to Right-to-Rent-Guidance.

Gas Safety Certificate:

In accordance with the Gas Safety (installation and Use) Regulations 1998, a Gas Safe Registered engineer will check all the gas appliances, installations, flues and pipework if these are present at the property and issue a certificate. This check is carried out annually a copy of the certificate will be provided to you by your Landlord within 28 days of the certificate being completed.

Energy Performance of Buildings (certificates and inspections) (England and Wales Regulations 2007):

A prospective Tenant of a residential property must be provided with an Energy Performance certificate (EPC) free of charge. EPC’s must be provided by accredited energy inspectors and last for 10 years.

Inventory and Check in:

An inventory check in will be arranged where possible. An inventory details the contents and condition of the property and you will receive a copy for your approval and retention. At the end of the tenancy a check out should be undertaken and any disputes about the deposit at the end of the tenancy will be resolved by reference to the inventory. It is usual for the landlord to pay for the cost of the check in and for the tenant to pay for the cost of the check out. Costs are given above.


We will arrange a suitable time for you to either collect the keys or meet at the property during the inventory check to take possession of the keys. A minimum of two sets of door keys will normally be provided to you. As part of the check in inventory you will be asked to sign a key receipt. If you misplace any keys or fobs during your Tenancy, please contact Bryant Land & Property immediately and you will be charged accordingly.


Once you have moved into your chosen property you will be responsible for contacting the utility and media companies (including TV licensing) and arranging for all accounts to be transferred into your name. By law you are required to have a valid TV License if you use or install a TV or watch programmes on line. For further information contact


You are responsible for insuring your own personal possessions as these will not be included under your landlord’s insurance policy.

Stamp Duty Land Tax:

Payment of any Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) that might be due on a Tenancy Agreement is solely your responsibility as Tenant. H M Revenue and Customs may impose fines or penalties for failure to comply. The current rental threshold is £125,000 per year. More information and guidance is available from

Management of the Property:

We will provide you with the contact details of the person or agent who will be responsible for the management of the property during your tenancy.

Data Protection:

Bryant Land & Property will hold personal information provided by the applicant in a secure manner. This information will be provided to a reference agency to enable the referencing process to proceed: to the Landlord to approve that the Tenancy may proceed: and to utility suppliers, contractors and the local authority. If the applicant is unsure of this process or wishes information withheld then they should contact Bryant Land & Property.

By providing Bryant Land & Property with an e mail address you are agreeing that we may provide the tenancy documentation to you in an electronic format. Please advise us if you wish to receive a hard copy.