Country property consultants
Welcome to Bryant Land & Property
Who are we?
Bryant Land & Property was established in 2009 by Jim Bryant who has over 25 years successful experience in the rural property and leisure market.
Jim started his professional life in the farm and leisure agency team at Savills before moving to Christie & Co in London. He has been based in Cambridge since 1991 with Bidwells where he headed up the Rural Agency team, buying and selling rural property throughout the country but with particular emphasis in the Eastern Region.
The objective of Bryant Land & Property is to bring a highly experienced and personal service to the art of buying, selling and letting property at rates that deliver a value for money service.
As a small farmer, property manager, and country sports and conservation enthusiast, Jim Bryant has practical understanding of many issues that his firm is confronted with on a daily basis
Brian Down joined Bryant Land & Property in 2016 after many years at Bidwells in Cambridge as part of the rural management department. His expertise covers all aspects of rural property management and professional work including building construction and repair, tenancy agreements, rent reviews, Telecoms, restrictive covenants, easements and wayleave agreements, boundary disputes and land registration etc.
- Arranged a Promotion Agreement on behalf of a land-owning client
- Purchase of country house and farmland in Suffolk
- Purchase of Town House in Suffolk market town
- Purchase of country house with stabling and paddocks on behalf of a retained client
- Valuation of various residential properties for matrimonial purposes
- Negotiated an option agreement on behalf of residential property owner who shared access with a potential development site
- Purchase of a training yard in Newmarket including 6 bedroom house, cottage, 53 boxes and various buildings
- Acted on behalf of farmer over claim relating to new water main installation
- Worked with our planning team to secure planning permission for a new dwelling in the countryside subject to an Agricultural Occupancy Condition
- Worked with our planning team to gain planning permission for 3600ft2 residential barn conversion and modern extension
- Probate valuation on a 750 acre farm in Essex with 3 houses and various ranges of farm buildings. Advising client on terms of dissolution of partnership and working with legal team to negotiate suitable settlement.
- Probate valuation of 450 acre farm, farmhouse and cottages in Cambridgeshire
- Valuation of farmland for clients in Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and Suffolk for their respective Self Administered Pension funds
- Valuation of significant rural business space development for tax planning purposes
- Valuations of properties in Suffolk and Essex for Capital Gains tax purposes in particular for principle private residence relief purposes
- Reviewed Farm Business Tenancies of three separate areas of arable and grassland
- Arranged a Contract Farming Agreement for a farming landowner
- Purchase of 150 acre residential farm in Suffolk
- Working with a planning team to secure planning permission for large range of livestock buildings and house subject to agricultural occupancy condition on a greenfield site
- Valuation of house subject to an agricultural occupancy condition
- Negotiating satisfactory terms of an option agreement on behalf of the landowner for commercial purposes
- Consultancy to Institutional buyer. Off Market purchase of 350 acres and additional right of pre- emption.
- Consultancy to Institutional buyer on purchase of arable land parcel and additional Farm Business tenancy on further 200 acres off market.
- Consultancy to client on open market sale of small equipped farm in Lincolnshire.
- Consultancy to clients on open market sale of 270 acres in Lincolnshire.
- Consultancy on apportionment of value between family members on a medium sized farm in Essex
- Acting for tenants on a golf course rent review.
- Acting for landlords on a recent golf course rent review
- Negotiating 2 new leases for large stud and training establishment in Newmarket
- Valuation work on behalf of a Housing Association.
+44 (0)1223 842675
Bryant Land & Property, Manor Farm, Manor Road, Little Shelford, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB22 5HF, UK